Bachelor of Film and TV Production
Aiming to capture the varied spectrum of films and television, SoC provides an enriching journey to the students in the world of filmmaking and television production through its 3 year duration course BA - Film & TV Production. The program offers an opportunity to the students to acquire first-hand experience of creating various elements of film and television production from conceptualizing to writing, producing, shooting and editing fiction as well as documentary films.
Programme Educational Objectives
- To apprise students with the fundamentals of cinema and television production.
- To provide an understanding of history and major movements of Indian and world cinema.
- To inculcate an understanding of structure of screenplay methods.
- To understand the intricacies of character building and writing dialogues.
- To equip students with the technique and aesthetics of cinematography.
- To demonstrate the process and different stages of production for film, documentary and television
At the end of the programme the students should be able to:
- Communicate effectively through film and television platforms
- Conceptualize, write, shoot and edit documentary films independently
- Develop characters and write dialogues for a film
- Conceptualize, develop and write the screenplay for films
- Develop and create programme of different genres for television
- Conduct independent photo shoots and tell a story through the same
The program intends at teaching the techniques and aesthetics of film and television production and writing. The main objective is to make the students undergo all the three aspects of film and television production namely preproduction (conceptualizing, developing and writing scripts), production (recording and shooting) and post-production (editing). In addition to this, the students will also be taken through the history and major cinema movements of the world and learn the art of cinematography.
Some of the major areas that will be covered
Cinematography, film making, television production, script writing for fiction and documentaries, non-linear editing, production design, direction, media management among others.
After completion of the programme, the students will be able to work for television and/or film production companies for the positions of cinematographer, producer, scriptwriter, set designer, production manager, executive produces or video editor. They will also be able to work as independent documentary film makers.
10+2 or equivalent from any recognized board. In addition, candidates will also have to successfully complete a Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for a personal interview.
- Course Level - Bachelor Degree
- Course Type - Professional
- Course Min. Duration - 3 Year
- Course Max. Duration - 3 Year
- Minimum Qualification - After 10+2
- Part Time - Yes
- Full Time - Yes
- Minimum - 12000
- Maximum - 600000