Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication
Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication is a one year programme which gives students an in depth understanding of all major fields of Mass Communication. The programme focuses on Print Journalism, Television Reporting & Production, Radio Production, Advertising and Public Relations, Photography and Film Making and Event Management. PGDJMC will not only provide students a theoretical knowledge in one year, but will also send them for live industry interaction through internship which is an integral part of the curriculum
Programme Educational Objectives
- To give a professional orientation in different disciplines of journalism and mass communication
- To provide students the knowledge for operating at various mass communication platforms
- To teach different technologies needed for print and broadcast journalism, marketing communication, photography, film making and digital communication
- To teach voice modulation techniques for radio as well as television
- To impart value based learning for ethical journalism and mass communication practices
At the end of the programme the students should be able to:
- Understand the various nuances of journalism and mass communication
- Prepare and create news and features for print and electronic media
- Develop advertising and public relations campaign for various products and services
- Conceptualize scripts and conduct film and photo shoots
- Understand the key features of Event management
This programme aims at developing an overall understanding of the background, functions and required communication techniques of different media platforms in the industry. The industry interaction and guest lectures/workshops conducted under the programme put more emphasis on practical application of mass communication techniques rather than just classroom teaching.
Some of the major areas that will be covered:
Print and Broadcast Journalism, Advertising & Public Relations, Digital Communication & Social Media, Digital Photography & Film Making and Event Management.
After completing this programme, students would be professionally equipped to serve the media industry in editorial or creative execution team of TV Channels, Print publications, Radio, Advertising Agencies, Public Relation Firms, Event Management firms and Online News and Social Media portals.
10+2 from CBSE or equivalent examination. In addition, candidates will also have to successfully complete a Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for a personal interview.
- Course Level - Diploma
- Course Type - Professional
- Course Min. Duration - 1 Year
- Course Max. Duration - 1 Year
- Minimum Qualification - After 10+2
- Part Time - Yes
- Full Time - Yes
- Minimum - 12000
- Maximum - 600000