Master of Arts in Convergent Journalism
With the new world of the internet comes a new form of journalism: convergence. Convergence is exciting and is the new and upcoming trend in Journalism. Media convergence is defined as a form of cross-media cooperation, usually involving broadcast, print, photography and internet sites. This new form of journalism requires the journalist to be skilled in more than one discipline. The aim is to introduce the concept of Convergence and understand its various implications in the world of journalism. The practical learning is further strengthened by a three-month internship with a media entity.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Conceptualize story ideas and create suitable reports for web audiences
- Write and edit web reports and headlines
- Learn to use publishing, promotions as well as design tools to create social media presentations
- Formulate an Action Plan that combines the key Media networks and tools
- Teach how to analyze media campaigns
- Explain how to engage with customers on across Media platforms
- Teach the importance of creating content for Social Media
The students, at the end of the course, will be able to:
- Understand basic concepts of convergence, writing, communication and journalism
- Have an in-depth knowledge of today’s working of media
- Write well for print as well as the online media.
During this programme, the students learn by co-creating. This Postgraduate Diploma programme aims at creating digital media professionals who are ready to join digital or social media firms as content writers, media planners, media strategists or digital media managers. They cover general modules: Optional subjects e.g. Media Law, Media Asset Management, Intercultural Management, Media Psychology and specific modules. The focus is to make the students understand different digital content creation and marketing tools and strategies. Students will learn journalistic methods like research, writing, editing, presentation and cross-media journalism or journalism in convergent media and advanced studies:
Some of the major areas that will be covered
The Master of Arts in Convergent Journalism includes the classic media: print, online and audiovisual, Web journalism, Advertising, Film making and Photo journalism which are increasingly converging in the world of media.
With an expertise in cross-media journalism and journalism in convergent media, graduates can make a successful entry into the industry as publicist, writer, reports, communication & media expert and consultant. They can also prepare themselves for a career in teaching and research. The openings are across the spectrum: from corporate houses to academic institutions, from media organizations to hospitals, from sports firms to IT companies. There is no shortage of well paid jobs, and the future is great.
Graduation in any field from a UGC approved university. In addition, candidates will also have to successfully complete a Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for a personal interview.
- Course Level - Master Degree
- Course Type - Professional
- Course Min. Duration - 2 Years
- Course Max. Duration - 3 Year
- Minimum Qualification - Graduates
- Part Time - Yes
- Full Time - Yes
- Minimum - 12000
- Maximum - 600000