Post Graduation Diploma in Film and Television
The programme has been designed for those students who have a passion for telling stories through films, television and documentaries. During this one year post graduate programme, students get an opportunity to understand as well as gain first-hand experience of creating various elements of film and television production ranging from conceptualizing to scripting, producing, shooting and editing fiction as well as documentary films.
Programme Educational Objectives
- To teach the basics of film and television production
- To provide an understanding of history and major movements of Indian and world cinema
- To inculcate the art of writing screenplays, direction, editing, building character sketches and writing dialogues
- To equip students with technique and aesthetics of videography and cinematography
- To train students for handling different stages of production of film, documentary and television
At the end of the programme the students should be able to:
- Explain the various nuances of communication for film and television mediums
- Develop an idea and create programme for different genres of television
- Conceptualize, develop and write scripts, screenplays, dialogues for both film and television
- Handle camera for shooting proficiently and edit documentary films or shows on their own
- Conduct independent photo-shoots and tell story through the same.
This Postgraduate Diploma in Film and Television aims at teaching the theory, techniques and aesthetics of film and television production and writing. The programme is designed to give practical experience to students in all the three aspects of film and television production namely pre-production (conceptualizing, developing and writing scripts), production (recording and shooting) and post production (editing). In addition to this, the students will also be taken through the history of major movements in national and International cinema.
Some of the major areas covered under the programme
Direction, Cinematography, Film Making, Television Production, Script Writing for Fiction & Documentaries, Non-Linear Editing and Direction.
After completing this programme, students should be able to work for television and/or film production companies in the capacity of cinematographer, director, script writer or video editor. The course also imparts enterprising skills to help students work as independent documentary film makers.
Graduation in any field from a UGC approved university. In addition, candidates will also have to successfully complete a Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for a personal interview.
- Course Level - Postgraduate Diplomas
- Course Type - Professional
- Course Min. Duration - 1 Year
- Course Max. Duration - 1 Year
- Minimum Qualification - Graduates
- Part Time - Yes
- Full Time - Yes
- Minimum - 12000
- Maximum - 600000